Dynamically passing Parameters to XSL

Hi ,

 I would like to know if global parameter values to an
XSL
 file can be set dynamically through Javascript ,and
also
transform the xml file dynamically through Javascript
functions.
 I have an HTML form , which has a  list of products .
on selection of a product ,
<select name="product" size=1
onSelect="setParameterValue()">
<option value="P001">Scanners</option>
<option value="P002">PalmTops</option>....ans so on
.<select>
.
.
a Javascript function (in the onSelect or onChange
event of choice box) , should be able to set
 the selected product to the  XSL's global parmeter
value
 and also transform the XML ,using the XSL.
Its like using one single XSL , for different outputs
,
based on the user input.
Also ,the XSL file and source  XML file to be used are
already known .
This has to be a purely client side functionality
,with no use of servlets or JSP.
Is this possible ,Can I get help on this?

Regards,
Siva