CMYK colours, registration marks

I want to create PDF files using FOP (or another XSLFO processor). The printing house requires CMYK colours (text and images) and registration marks.

Has anyone had any success in producing PDFs with these requirements? If yes, how did you do it? What pre/post-processing is necessary?

CMYK colours are mentioned in the XSL 1.0 Recommendation in the description of color-profile. But this element is not implemented in any XSLFO processor as far as I know.

Registration marks are discussed in the XSL Requirements Summary from 1998 (http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-XSLReq.html). The XSL 1.0 Recommendation is silent, however.

Regards,
Mauritz Jeanson