Re: <br/> in FO?

Hi Gustaf:
I use <fo:block> to break the line.

For example to break two lines in a table cell...

<fo:table-cell >
     <fo:block>This is the first line.</fo:block>
     <fo:block>And this is the second line.</fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>

I hope this is what you are looking for.

Regards,
Nitin

                    "Gustaf Liljegren"
                    <gustaf.liljegren@xml.se>         To:     "XSL List"
                    Sent by:                           <xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com>
                    owner-xsl-list@lists.mulber       cc:
                    rytech.com                        Subject:     [xsl] <br/> in FO?

                    27-02-02 04:47 PM
                    Please respond to xsl-list

I've found a reason for a <br/> tag in my DTD, and I wonder how to
implement
it in the XSL (to FO). So far, I have used a list tag for the task:

<list style="none">
  <item>Microsoft Corporation Worldwide</item>
  <item>One Microsoft Way</item>
  <item>Redmond, WA 98052-6399</item>
  <item>USA</item>
  <item>Tel: (425) 882-8080</item>
  <item>E-fax: (425) 706-7329</item>
  <item>Web: http://www.microsoft.com/</item>
</list>

Another example:

<header>Financial Information</header>
<list style="none">
  <item>Fiscal Year ending June 2000</item>
  <item>Net revenue $22.96 billion</item>
  <item>Net income $9.42 billion</item>
</list>

The list comes out without bullets or numbers. It works, but neither is
conceptually a list, or what would you say? Perhaps it's a minor problem,
but if there's a solution I'd be happy to know about it. I'd rather have it
more like in XHTML: a <br/> tag to use whenever you need in paragraphs. I
wonder how to implement a <br/> tag in FO, if that is possible.

Gustaf