RE: ?Dataislands?

> Caveat:  This application was developed using MSXML and runs on IIS 5. I
> haven't had time to see what happens if a Netscape client or a client not
> running windows tries to hit the site.

Probably get a blank page at best. Data islands are a very cool technique,
but are absolutely, positively, only supported by MSIE 5 and up. There's
a way that you can simulate the effect with Javascript, but the code you
need to do that is huge and slow, and probably doesn't allow for dynamic-
ally modifying the XML. Not to mention that it entails the same old routine
of coding one page for Netscape and another for IE.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA

thanx for the reply.  I'm not so worried about the browser because this page I will be building will only be for internal use and it has been made clear to the people using it that it will only work on MSIE 5 and up.  So currently I'm just more concerned about how "huge and slow" will the page be to run through the script to update/modify the binded XML using javascript.  Or whether this idea is just a bit too airy-fairy to do at the moment.

Rosa