Building a 2 Column HTML Table

I have an XML file of alphabetized links

	<List>
		<listCount>25</listCount>
		<AlphaGroup>
			<letter>A</letter>
			<document>
				<title>A document title</title>
				<filename>document1.htm</filename>
			</document>
			<document>
				<title>A second document title</title>
				<filename>document2.htm</filename>
			</document>
			...possibly more documents

		</AlphaGroup>
		<AlphaGroup>
			<letter>F</letter> ...
		</AlphaGroup>

		.... more groups of alphabetized documents.

	</list>
The XSLT file needs to transform the XML file into a html file with an
indexed two column table of document links.  I am able to produce a single
column indexed table without any problems.  My problem is that the split
point of the 2 column list needs to be at the END of the letter group which
contains the middle link item.  The number of documents in the XML file
varies as does the number AlphaGroups.

Any help in how to solve this problem would be most appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Ritchie Champion
Email: ritchie.champion@ps.net