Re: Xml parser

[Oleg Tkachenko]
What about a xml parser written in php itself (PHP XML Parser)? :)
The biggest parsers list I know is at http://www.xmlsoftware.com/parsers/,
it's about 50 xml parsers are listed there!

---
> I have  friend over on the www.freelancers.net who asked this question
>
> "I need to parse some basic XML (generated by a QuickTime movie) in PHP.
> Expat is far too big & complicated - I want to pass it a string of XML
> and get a nested structure back that I can pick values from. This should
> be a one liner, but with Expat it's several hundred. Considering the XML
> will rarely exceed 10 lines long, this is excessive. I don't need
> validation, reading from files or events, but I would like to parse in a
> generic way.
>
> Does anyone have one they could share, or point me to somewhere that has
> one?"

[Tom]

Well, there's always regular expressions.  Here's a pretty complete set for
xml parsing:

http://www.cs.sfu.ca/~cameron/REX.html

I seem to remember from a few years ago that there might be some problem
with attributes using it, but easily fixed, I think.

If you can run java, there's nanoXML (all of about 6k, I understand) - it's
pretty complete.

Cheers,

Tom P