RE: XSLT 2.0 question

It's perfectly possible (even in XSLT 1.0) for a document to contain an
embedded stylesheet, which itself contains xsl:import declarations to import
additional stylesheet modules from elsewhere. The template rules in the
embedded stylesheet module would have the highest precedence, and therefore
override any template rules in the external stylesheet modules.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@ntlworld.com
work: Michael.Kay@softwareag.com