From: Michael Kay [mailto:michael.h.kay@ntlworld.com]
Sent: 20 March 2002 14:02
To: xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com
Subject: RE: [xsl] xsl:if syntax problem

> I want to run a simple xsl:if statement testing an elements
> tag for null
> value.

Start by defining exactly what you mean. There is no such thing as a null
value in the XPath data model.

If you want to test whether the context node has a child element called X,
use test="X". If you want to test whether it has a child called X that has
non-empty content, use test="X!=''"

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@ntlworld.com