Re: Using value-of to extract non-escaped characters

Mike,

> > XML Spy gives me: "name must not contain that character".
>
>Your questions are hard to understand and answer because it's
>not clear what your XML really looks like. I think it will be
>much easier to answer if you explained what you mean by a
>"link" in this context. It might just be that you're attempting
>to reference a non-XML file as an external general entity.
>Show us your code.

No, that's not it.

My XML code looks like:

(first critical part)

<parameter>
                         <name>swRemote</name>
                         <value>swSaveEnabled='true' swVolume='true'
swRestart='true' swPausePlay='true' swFastForward='true'
swContextMenu='true'</value>
                 </parameter>

(second critical part)

<parameter>
                         <name>bgColor</name>
                         <value>#333366</value>
</parameter>

These parameters should be transformed to

1) HTML attributes of the <embed> element (first case)
2) HTML element <param> and its attributes (second case)

What I meant was that the content of the <value> elements contains
characters like #, = and integers. This poses no problem for validation,
because I declared the value element to be of type "xs:string" (in the
Schema). However, when I try to use <value-of select="value"> in my XSL-T,
then I get the errors

"Must not contain "=" character." (in the first case)
"Must not contain # character." (in the second case)

That led me to the assumption that the <value> elements' content cannot be
processed by XSL-T (or by XML Spy).

I wonder how to resolve this without having to escape the characters.

Ralph