Re: combine xml files

We're getting closer, I think.  If a work can appear, with a different
format,  in more than one xml file, then how can you tell when an entry in
one file is for the same work as an entry in another file?  You need to be
able to do that, it would seem, or you won't be able to match up entries.

What data is contained in any one xml file?  Is it data on one single work
from one single database?  Is it many works, but all from one database?  Is
it one single work, but possibly from many databases?

Are you expecting to get a fast response when looking through 1000 files for
each query?  How fast?  Or can it be a batch process?  Even doing a
directory listing of 1000 files can take some time, depending on your
system, and that's not doing any processing on the files.

Cheers,

Tom P

[Ming]

> To make my explanation easier to understand (sorry for the misleading),
I'm