From: owner-xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com]On Behalf Of Oleg
Tkachenko
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 1:50 AM
To: xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Mozilla & XML

Joel Konkle-Parker wrote:

> I have an empty (content-wize, anyway) XML file linked to an XSLT
> stylesheet, which is in turn linked to a news file, news.txt (which
> is really xml). The page displays as anticipated in IE6, but not in
> Mozilla 1.0. Not only does it not display, it crashes Mozilla
> outright. Any thoughts?
>
> The page: http://www.ballsome.com/test/index.xml

The problem is with your news.txt file. You sure that's really xml,
but
your server is sure that is plain text:

GET http://www.ballsome.com/test/news/news.txt HTTP/1.0
HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Age: 423
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 06:34:40 GMT

Mozilla is very picky about mime types, it never tries to parse
text/plain document as text/xml. Just rename the file to news.xml and
it
should work.

- --
Oleg Tkachenko