Re: Unexpected attribute error

Hi Nick,

> I am using XML spy and i am getting this error with my xml input file.
>
> This File is not valid:
>
>     Unexpected attribute 'GID' in element 'PART'

This is a validity error, which means that XML Spy must be validating
your input file against either a DTD or a schema. Whichever is being
used, it doesn't declare a GID attribute for the PART element. The
PART element in your input file has a GID attribute, which means that
the file is invalid.

XSLT doesn't worry about validity, so you'll usually be able to
process the file with an XSLT processor without any problems despite
the fact that it's not valid. However, it might be worth checking with
the people who supplied you with the file because usually if you've
got a DTD or a schema associated with a file, you'd expect the file to
be valid.

Cheers,

Jeni

---