Re: Formatting body

Mike Leahy wrote:
> I'm having difficulty altering the appearance of the body of my
> stylesheets

You mean the body of the HTML document that is produced by your stylesheet.

> - as soon as I add the <body> tag to change the background and
> text all of the content from the XML file is gone with the exception of the
> first xsl:value-of statement.  I have made sure there is an appropriate
> ending tag for the body element.
>
>  If I use the http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl namespace, then I have no trouble
> adding a body element.
>
> Any suggestions?

What does your transformed result (the HTML) look like? The problem is
most likely going to be there.

If you are trying to do everything in IE by loading an XML document that
contains an xml-stylesheet p.i., then "View Source" will only show you the
XML, so you might want to install "Internet Explorer Tools for Validating XML
and Viewing XSLT Output" which, this week, can be found at

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample.asp?url=/msdn-files/027/000/543/msdncompositedoc.xml&frame=true

Then you can right-click in the browser window and choose to view the output
of the transformation, rather than the source.

For more help, post a code sample that demonstrates the problem, please.

   - Mike