Re: Re: ( Re: RE: how I can select the largest attribute value )

> Mike peet has a better solution!!!
> cheers mike!

finding the maximum is covered in the faq and archives of this list (and
libraries of templates and functions such as EXSLT)

Note for large sets neither of the solutions posted on this thread is
particularly efficient.

using xsl:sort means sorting the list which is n*log n complexity, and

the single xpath soloution
/Root/element[not(/Root/element/@length >
>@length)]/@length"/

is going to compare every node against every other so n*n complexity
unless the optimiser is very smart.

Finding the maximum is possible in complexity n, just making one pass
down the list, so a recursive template should win on large sets.

Dimitre's library will have such a thing, I'm sure...

David