Re: Re: XSL getting started (on a Mac)

> A while back, people reported success using James Clark's XT, the
original,
> Java-based XSLT implementation, on pre-OS X platforms. You can find info
on
> that in the "External Issues" section of the XSL FAQ at
>   http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect4/N8976.html

Here's the same basic instructions provided by John Robert Gardner based on
that thread. Like Mike says, you should be able to kludge your way into
other processors as long as they're Java-based, but dealing with Java issues
on Mac 9x can age you fast.

Here's the Gardner link:

http://vedavid.org/xml/docs/XT_Mac_Windows.html

It's got pictures!!!

If you just want to learn XSLT and experiment, I would think you could just
use Mozilla 1.0. I haven't tried that on a Mac, but it's supposed to be
XSLT-aware:

http://www.mozilla.org/releases/stable.html

best regards,

Charles White
The Tumeric Partnership
http://www.tumeric.net
chuck@tumeric.net
Author, Mastering XSLT
Sybex Books, May, 2002

Co-Author, Mastering XML, Premium Edition
Sybex Books, May, 2001
http://www.javertising.com