Re: xml-stylesheet p.i. and other options (was Re: text/xsl...)

David,

At 04:02 PM 6/24/2002, you wrote:
> But I'd like the same media type, and be able to switch between them with a
> pull-down or button. Nothing that fancy (don't need parameter passing just
> yet); just something browser-neutral that lets me show two or more
> different views.

You can have that now, just have the referenced stylesheet insert
the nececessary script block into the generated document to generate
the required interaction. The scripting will need to be client-specific
but the stylesheet knows which xsl engine it is running under so can
insert whatever is needed, the document does not require any platform
specific script.
Yeah, I started thinking about that, but then when I got to the part where I was imagining what "the required interaction" would be on the Mozilla side ... it started to hurt my head. I guess I'll go back and learn more about DOM scripting and Mozilla. (I just abhor client-specific scripting, even while I understand it's bread and butter for many.)

Cheers,
Wendell

Wendell Piez mailto:wapiez@mulberrytech.com
Mulberry Technologies, Inc. http://www.mulberrytech.com
17 West Jefferson Street Direct Phone: 301/315-9635
Suite 207 Phone: 301/315-9631
Rockville, MD 20850 Fax: 301/315-8285