RE: pre process xml that is imported via document()

>i need to pre process file2.xml before it can be processed in my main
xslt [using document()]

document() needs a valid file path, so I guess the only option with your
current setup is to write the result of the 'pre process' to disk and
then run the main transformation.

Of course, depending the weight of the pre-processing to be done, you
could probably do it all within a variable in your main stylesheet. (if
you post some sample data and a sample result, someone will let you
know)

cheers
andrew