RE: XSLT/SVG variables question

Since your data already seems to be grouped correctly, this shouldn't be
too difficult. You need to write a function that computes the dimensions
of RectA1 based on the contents of the first BlockA element. It's hard
to give you the code for this because you haven't said anything about
the algorithm you want to use. But the key to it is to think in terms of
functions: how can you express the size of the rectangle as a function
of its textual contents? For example, is it as simple as saying that the
width of the rectangle is X times the number of characters in the
longest line, and the height is Y times the number of lines?

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@ntlworld.com
work: Michael.Kay@softwareag.com