From: TSchutzerWeissmann@uk.imshealth.com
[mailto:TSchutzerWeissmann@uk.imshealth.com]
Sent: 17 July 2002 16:04
To: xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com
Subject: RE: [xsl] Creating Hierachial menu

Hello Terry,

> I have done simiar things in the past where one of the generated nodes

> is a category and using  keys() and generate-id() etc  (the Meunchian?

> technique I think they call it) I have created a menu based on these
> categories, however this has always been  a top level menu. Now I am
> trying to create a multi level menu system and I can't seem to make
> the logical leap using the  same approach. Each image can be in more
> than one category - hence the duplicate resourceID's in the XML
>
> - <MenuRoot>
> - <menu resourceID="2">
>   <menuItem hierLevel="1">Ajwa</menuItem>
>   <menuItem hierLevel="2">RMTI</menuItem>
>   </menu>
> - <menu resourceID="2">
>   <menuItem hierLevel="1">Hardcopy_Available</menuItem>
>   <menuItem hierLevel="2">Photograph</menuItem>
>   </menu>
> - <menu resourceID="2">
>   <menuItem hierLevel="1">High_Res_CD_Library</menuItem>
>   <menuItem hierLevel="2">AJ/RM_001</menuItem>

It sounds like what you want is multi-level grouping - see this:
http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200101/msg00070.html.

hope it helps - it's basically the same as simple grouping only the
value for the 'use' part of the key is a concatenation of values, one
for each level - like numbering sections 1, 1.1, 1.2, 2, 2.1 etc.

Tom Weissmann