Re: Re: Passing Command line params

Thanks Jeni that works,
what I need to do is, I have to invoke msxsl from my C++ code with this parameter. Can some one please let me know, how I will be able to do this.
Thanks,
Regards,
Kalyan.

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002 Jeni Tennison wrote :
Hi Kalyan,

> can some one suggest me how I can pass command line parameter of a
> file name to an XSL file. I use MSXSL for merging XML files using an
> XSL file. I need to pass one of the file names as a command line
> parameter.

After specifying the other options that you might be using, use the
syntax param=value. For example:

C:\> msxsl test.xml test.xsl -o out.xml file=more.xml

will pass the string "more.xml" as the value of the $file parameter.

Don't forget that you need to use quotes around parameter values that
include spaces.

(BTW, using:

C:\> msxsl -?

gets you information about the syntax of using MSXML from the command
line.)

Cheers,

Jeni

---