RE: one xml file + one xsl file => user based output

> Is there a way to generate a user(group) specific html
> output by means of one xml and one xsl file?
> Is there a way to pass parameters to xsl file, before transformation?

Yes, and yes.

Although you might want to consider an alternative, which is to have a
different stylesheet for each user group. (Common code used for each
user group can be in shared stylesheet modules that each of the
stylesheets imports).

Doing this in cocoon is rather different from doing it in a simple
servlet environment, so if you're constrained to use cocoon, I'll leave
someone else to answer that part.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@ntlworld.com