xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com

Hello, List,
I have been asked to add a feature to our web application that will transform our XML into tab-delimited text data, displayed in a new window, so that the user can then save it for later use in that format. Unfortunately, I am currently limited to what can be done with MSXML 2.5 (been told we have to support IE5 without any upgrades to the parser).

Although I've done a lot of XML-to-XML and XML-to-HTML transformations, I've never done XML-to-text before. Can anyone direct me on how I would (a) cause tabs to appear in the output, and (b) cause linebreaks to appear in the output?

Any other suggestions about how to perform this task would certainly be appreciated too ...

Thanks very much,
Amanda Birmingham
Web Application Developer