Re: XSL and Xalan

Hello Joseph,

I think that's a really Xalan specific question, so please ask on a Xalan list: http://xml.apache.org/mail.html. You will have more luck there ;-)

Joerg

Joseph Mueller wrote:
I hope this post is acceptable. I apologize in advance if it does not belong here.

I am using the Xalan C parser to do my XML/XSL transformations. I can transform to a File with no problem. What I need to do is get the XalanResultTarget converted into a string. Here's what I have done to do that where "xmlOut" is the XalanResultTarget and theWriter is Xalan's writer class.

char * str = "";
Writer * theWriter = xmlOut.getCharacterStream();
//THE NEXT LINE CRASHES THE APPLICATION
theWriter->write( str, 0, theWriter->npos);

Whatever I'm doing crashes because I am "unable to read the memory". Is there another way to get my transformed XSL/XML into a 'string'?