RE: how to reassign a variable's value?

Danny Yates wrote:
> Charles Knell [mailto:cknell@onebox.com] wrote:
> > It is constant within a context and variable between contexts.
> > "Varinstant", perhaps?
>
> Or "Constable"? That'd cause some confusion! :-)

Illegal reassignment! Come quietly please ... anything you say may be taken
down and used as evidence ...

But seriously, in other functional programming contexts I've seen them
referred to as "values". That might have been a better name than "variable",
given the unfortunate connotation that "variable" has in many people's
minds.