Re: selecting a parameter using string expression?

> You can see whether a parameter with the same name exists:
>    document('')/*/xsl:param[@name=$attribute-name]
> but I'm not aware of a way to get the value assigned to the
> parameter. XSLT has been designed to be a compiled language.
>
> J.Pietschmann

Ouch :( The scenario I'm facing is that I have an XSLT generated menu that
depends on the querystr. For example you click on a link and it takes you to
mypage?userID=1, that page in it's turn has some subitems for things like
sending a message to that user, the problem is that the userID  (which is
inserted into the stylesheet through params) needs to be passed on to those
pages. The solution I was thinking on was that for each item define which
params it should pass on and parse that in XSLT so when the menu is rendered
each item has the appropriate params and values. But it all falls apart if I
can't check the value of a parameter where the parameter name is a string or
attribute :/

best regards
----
Mattias Konradssson