Re: xsl/xslt coding standard

Hi Andrew,

> I would extend that a little maybe to add some functionality to it,
> so you could produce api docs javadoc stylee, listing template
> names, functionality, params etc

Absolutely. The benefit of allowing *any* element to be counted as a
documentation element would be that it would be easy for people to
create their own documentation standards. If I can get away with using
XHTML, then I can use that; if you want something more sophisticated,
like an XML version of JavaDoc, then you can use that.

Another option would be for XSLT 2.0 to have a xsl:documentation
element and allow anything to reside within that, or perhaps also
allow an href to point to external documentation (I'd prefer it if my
documentation structure wasn't dictated by anyone, so I wouldn't want
the XSLT 2.0 Rec to go any further than that).

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison