Re: SV: Encoding problem.

Hi Søren,

> The xml document is in "UTF-8" - does that present a problem?

No, that should be fine (as long as the encoding specified in the XML
declaration and the encoding in which the document is saved are the
same).

Another possibility, then, is that you're invoking MSXML through a
script or some such and storing the result as a string before writing
it to the page. When you store an XML document in a string, MSXML
always stores it as UTF-16, whatever encoding you might have intended
it to be in. If you're invoking the transformation from a script, you
should store the output in an object, which you then serialise to the
browser in whatever way is appropriate to that object.

I'm also a bit concerned about what you mean when you say "I don't get
any of my danish letters transformed". Do you mean that they appear
incorrectly, or that they don't appear at all? Perhaps there's
something else wrong with your stylesheet and the encoding isn't the
issue?

If neither of those lines of enquiry pay off, feel free to send me
(offlist) your stylesheet and source document and I'll see whether I
can find anything that makes it work.

Cheers,

Jeni

---