Running msxml (newbie)

Hi all

First post here, and I hope someone can help!

I'm learning XSL/XSLT and have got a couple of Wrox books on the
subject.  Both mention running msxml to transform an xml doc with an xsl
one to produce, say, and html file.

So, I downloaded and installed the following: MSXML.msi, MSXML.exe and
just in case, MSXMLMSN.exe and IEXMLTLS.exe.

The thing is, it just won't work.  All I ever get from the command
prompt is 'msxml is not recognized as in internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.'

I've done a search of my pc and the files are there (things like
msxml4.dll etc), and the XML Parser4.0 SDK .chm file is there in my
program files, but nothing seems to work.

I'm running Win XP Pro.

So - if anyone can offer any suggestions as to what's wrong, I'd be
truly grateful.

Regards

Francis