Re: Running msxml (newbie)

fstorr wrote:
> Yes, reading 2 Wrox books telling me it was msxMl and then, in a state
> of tiredness (way too much stress at work) somehow gliding over your
> comments that it was msxSl, I tried it.  Yes, it was ..S.. And not X.

Well, to be clear:

MSXML (msxml*.dll) is the library that provides the XML processing
functionality, including parsing and XSLT processing. It can't be used on its
own, but you can invoke its functions from within your own code, or from code
that runs within Internet Explorer. IE5 and up come with some version of
MSXML, which you can replace or supplement with newer versions.

MSXSL (msxsl.exe) is an executable program that you can obtain from the MSDN
site. It allows you to invoke MSXML's XSLT processing routines from the
command line. It doesn't provide the routines itself; it just wraps / provides
an interface to the ones that are relevant to XSL.

So, the WROX books might not be in the wrong. They may be assuming you are
invoking MSXML via your own programs or via VBScript or JavaScript within an
HTML document loaded by Internet Explorer.

   - Mike