Re: selecting a parameter using string expression?

A while ago I wrote:
> Hmm, I've bit of a problem, I need to fetch a string from an attribute in
an
> xml-file and then see if there's a parameter with the same name (parameter
> to the stylesheet that is). Can't find any way to run filters on
parameters
> like I can on elements, anyone know how to accomplish this?

I found a solution to there's being no way to access a collection on which
parameters actually been passed to xsl and retrieve the value of a parameter
name, woop woop :)  Instead of passing each parameter separately I simply
build a parameter document and pass that instead as a parameter, like:

<parameters>
    <userID>1</userID>
    <groupID>2</groupID>
</parameters>

Then I can easily loop through the elements of that document variable, look
up certains parameters etc etc. Hows this performance-wise?

best regards
---
Mattias Konradsson