Mail Merge problem

Hi

I am looking at a mail merge problem and wonder if anyone has tackled this
before.  I want to combine a data flow (e.g. RSS) with some rich layout
templates (e.g. XHTML), and do it in such a way that the layout designer can
adapt the template to different input data flows without having to modify
the XSL (i.e. so they can be an HTML expert without being an XSL expert).

My first thought is to include some elements which describe where in the
template to insert the data (like the person data 'ins:address' element in
Jeni's 'On the edge' book).  The difference is that I want to have repeating
data elements (i.e. many people), so that the XHTML surrounding output is
repeated for each person.

I'm also considering a separate mapping document, which specifies the
relationship between template elements and data elements.  If this is a
standard problem I'd be grateful for some pointers or sample code, before I
get started.

Kind regards,

James Carlyle
Multimedia Messaging commentary : http://www.fableflow.com/weblog/