RE: about adding comments into the output file

If interpret your question correctly, you're asking how can you put XML
comments into generated output.  The comment you don't want to output,
leave as you have it:

   <!-- this is the comment i would not like to add onto my output -->

The comment you want to have appear in your output format as:

   <xsl:comment> this is the comment i like to add onto my output
</xsl:comment>

The <xsl:comment> would have to part of a template which, but it looks
like you have that covered.

Regards,
Ed Knoll

--
Edward L. Knoll   Phone (work)     : (719)484-2717
                  e-mail (work)    : f49660c@cosd.fedex.com