Re: Need feedback on XSL/XML editor/debugger

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 07:35:52AM -0600, Al Byers wrote:

> I have recently released an open source, visual XSL editor/debugger http://ag101.sourceforge.net).
> It is written in Java and built on the Pollo XML editor (http://pollo.sourceforge.net).
> By building on Pollo, virtually any document that has a DTD, XSD or other
> schema file defined for it can be edited and validated (any well-formed
> XML doc can, of course, be edited).
>
> AG101 allows the user to visually set breakpoints in the XSL code and step
> through the source code. At breakpoints the values of variables, selects,
> etc. can be inspected.
>
> AG101 makes a great XSL learning tool, as it shows the allowable elements
> at any given point. Because it is open source, it can be easily customized
> for specific XML/XSL tasks.
>
> AG101 has the ability to define a pipe wherein multiple XSL stages can be
> linked together.
>
> I have also added regular expression capability and a file "while-read"
> element to allow the processing of flat files into XML format.
>
> It is at the alpha stage. I have been using it to do productive work for
> at least two months now. I am looking for some basic feedback (like does
> it run on your machine). Of course, anyone who wants to help on the development
> will be welcomed, too.

Hello, I've downloaded ag101-0.3.2.2.tar.gz from SF, unpacked it
and I could start it but when I click on most buttons in the
GUI, I get exceptions:

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.automationgroups.ag101.pipe.TransformPipe.load(TransformPipe.java:111)
    at com.automationgroups.ag101.pipe.TransformPipe.<init>(TransformPipe.java:79)
    at com.automationgroups.ag101.PipeDialog.processChooseAction(PipeDialog.java:288)
    at com.automationgroups.ag101.PipeDialog$2.actionPerformed(PipeDialog.java:212)
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.outerj.pollo.EditorPanelImpl
        at com.automationgroups.ag101.XslFrame.getEditorPanel(XslFrame.java:427)
        at com.automationgroups.ag101.XslFrame.loadStageFile(XslFrame.java:469)
        at com.automationgroups.ag101.XslFrame.loadPipe(XslFrame.java:451)
        at com.automationgroups.ag101.PipeDialog.processChooseAction(PipeDialog.java:289)
        at com.automationgroups.ag101.PipeDialog$2.actionPerformed(PipeDialog.java:212)
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.automationgroups.ag101.XslFrame.execPipe(XslFrame.java:692)
        at com.automationgroups.ag101.action.XslExecuteAction.actionPerformed(XslExecuteAction.java:42)
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.automationgroups.ag101.XslFrame.stepPipe(XslFrame.java:738)
        at com.automationgroups.ag101.action.XslStepAction.actionPerformed(XslStepAction.java:42)
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.automationgroups.ag101.XslFrame.breakPipe(XslFrame.java:721)
        at com.automationgroups.ag101.action.XslBreakAction.actionPerformed(XslBreakAction.java:42)

Also, once I had "Execute/w Debug" but after the first start, it only
display "Execute w/o Debug" in the Debug menu.

Sowatec AG,       CH-8330 Pfäffikon (ZH)
Witzbergstr. 7,   http://www.sowatec.com
Tel: +41-(0)1-952 55 55
Fax: +41-(0)1-952 55 66