Re: CDATA section

aruniima.chakrabarti@iflexsolutions.com wrote:
> Hello,
> If a CDATA is present, it parses whatever is written in the source XML and
> does not give the absolute identical output XML.
> What can be done to achieve a character by character equivalence while
> transformation
>
> Regards,
> aruniima

Aruniima,

Almost all of your questions to this list in the last few weeks have indicated
that you have XML in which very poor design / data modeling decisions have
been made.

These mistakes are forgiveable, since unless things have changed recently, the
average XML tutorial chooses to make XML seem simpler than it is, and doesn't
cover the important concepts first (encoding, lexical vs logical constructs,
and little details like what CDATA really means, whether and how to embed
markup as character data, and the fact that parsers consider attributes to be
unordered) .. or doesn't cover these concepts at all.

If I were you, I would seriously consider refactoring your XML so that it is
easier to process with XSLT; doing so will make it easier to process
everywhere.

   - Mike