Re: Looking for a book recommendation (and notice of new edition for XSL-FO)

At 2002-09-09 12:42 -0700, Martin Cooper wrote:
Does anyone have any recommendations for a book that would fill the gap for
me? Something that doesn't necessarily start from scratch, but doesn't
assume I know what to look for when I'm trying to solve a specific problem?
We sell electronic books in hyperlinked PDF format from our web site (top link at the address noted below):

Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
(XSL Transformations and the XML Path Language)
Tenth Edition - 2001-12-06 - ISBN 1-894049-08-X
Copyright (c) 2001 Crane Softwrights Ltd.
/ 394 Pages / Subscription price includes free updates,
/ / soft-copy of included examples, and an
/ / accessible rendition and 10 PDF renditions.
/ / Free 140-page download preview excerpt.

Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
(Extensible Stylesheet Language Formatting Objects)
Third Edition - 2002-09-05 - ISBN 1-894049-10-1
Copyright (c) 2002 Crane Softwrights Ltd.
/ 396 Pages / Subscription price includes free updates,
/ / soft-copy of included examples, and an
/ / accessible rendition and 10 PDF renditions.
/ / Free 206-page download preview excerpt.

Once you buy any edition of a title, you get free access to all future editions of that title. We also have site-wide and world-wide staff licenses available for quantity purchases.

There are freely-downloadable excerpts of the books so you can see if the book meets your needs. These excerpts have handy references at the back and are useful in their own right, including (in the XSL-FO book) hyperlinks directly into the Recommendations. The annexes on formatting objects and properties at the back of the free excerpt is a very handy reference and you can instantly jump to the Recommendation from within our book if you want more detail.

A note for "Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO" customers: you will see above that we've just released a new edition of our book. Unfortunately, some email addresses for customers have bounced so you may not have received your notification for your free update. Please contact us if you are missing the announcement of the latest version of your purchase.

--
Upcoming hands-on in-depth Europe: Sep 18-Sep 20,2002
XSLT/XPath and XSL-FO North America: Sep 30-Oct 4,2002

G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/
ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT and XPath
XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, books (electronic, printed),
articles, training (instructor-live,Internet-live,web/CD,licensed)
Next public training: 2002-09-11,13,18,19,30,10-03,12-08