RE: Unable to access all element using document function

> I have the following template:
>

> <xsl:template name ="ExtractInfoDoc" >
> <xsl:param name="FileA" />
>
>   <xsl:for-each select="document($FileA)//*">
>
>     <xsl:value-of select="document($FileA)//relation/@type"/>
>     <xsl:value-of select="document($FileA)//relation/role/@name"/>
>     <xsl:value-of select="document($FileA)/*/object/@id"/>
>
>   </xsl:for-each>
>
> </xsl:call-template>
>
> my interpretation of this template is:
>
> For each  element in the document 'FileA.xml' display the relation
> type,
> relation role name, and object id  values.

Your interpretation is wrong. The path expressions inside the for-each
are absolute, not relative. Because xsl:value-of prints the value of the
first selected node, what you have written is:

"From the file FileA.xml, display the @type attribute of the first
<relation> element, the first attribute that is an @name attribute of a
belonging to the outermost element. Repeat this as many times as there
are elements in FileA.xml".

You haven't shown your source document, so it's not clear to me what you
really want. I suspect it's something like:

>   <xsl:for-each select="document($FileA)//element">

>     <xsl:value-of select=".//relation/@type"/>
>     <xsl:value-of select=".//relation/role/@name"/>
>     <xsl:value-of select="*/object/@id"/>
>
>   </xsl:for-each>