Re: Partial Implementation of XInclude include element

Jeni Tennison wrote:

> I believe (based on the February CR) that the 'href' attribute on
> xi:include is a plain old 'href' attribute rather than an 'href'
> attribute in the XInclude namespace ('xi:href'). I can't currently
> access the W3C site to check whether this has changed in some later
> version.

This is an aspect of namespaces that I've always been fuzzy on: if the
default namespace is not xi (in this example), is an unqualified href
attribute in the xi name space or is it in the default name space? Does
it matter? If namespaces were intended to enable semantic distinctions,
then I would think it would matter. But since namespaces are just for
name disambiguation, I guess it doesn't matter that an attribute
important to xinclude semantics is in the default name space--the name
is still unambiguous.

Or said another way: if the default namespace for the include element is
xi, then I would not expect to qualify the attribute, but if the default
namespace is not xi, I would expect to have to qualify it.

But I guess the ATTLIST declaration shown in the spec makes it clear
that the href attribute *cannot* be qualified. Not sure why I thought
they should be qualified.

Cheers,

E.
--