RE: PDF to FO tool?

> Adobe Illustrator will convert to SVG
> then you could transform the SVG
> but you may be looking for something more direct.

Which points out that SVG is closer to PDF than FO is. Also, does
anybody have even an experimental SVG to FO stylesheet? I'd imagine such
would only work in a very controlled situation.

Differences between SVG and XSL-FO compared to PostScript/PDF are
explored at:
http://www.svgopen.org/papers/2002/danilo_fujisawa__svg_as_page_descript
ion_language/

Max