Re: Complicated Table

johan,

At 08:09 PM 10/1/2002, you wrote:
It's not even slightly clear to me where to start. How
do the attributes like "numcols" and "numrows" figure
in, not to mention how do you connect the variable
"num" from column_info to the num from the rows?
Those attributes are artifacts of another world. They are there to support procedural processes that don't have XSLT's virtues, so here are entirely superfluous. They could even be wrong (to learn whether that is the case you could write a routine to validate them in XSLT). From the point of view of XSLT they're just a red herring.

Anyway, what Jeni says. You don't need them. Just map from your rows and columns to your target's rows and columns. If your tables are all as simple as you've shown.

Prego,
Wendell

"Thus I make my own use of the telegraph, without consulting
the directors, like the sparrows, which I perceive use it
extensively for a perch." -- Thoreau