Help Understanding Path Issue

mwoehlke mwoehlke@tibco.com
Thu Jun 29 22:49:00 GMT 2006

While CC'ing me for some reason(?), Igor Peshansky wrote:
(And was there a reason for that, or did you just hit 'reply all' by
accident/reflex/because the hippo made me?)

> On Wed, 28 Jun 2006, mwoehlke wrote:
>> Scott Purcell wrote:
>>> I have "CLASSPATHS" and "PATHS" and some "HOME" directories set up.
>>> Eg: ANT_HOME value=C:/ant/bin
>> I assume you meant "CLASSPATH" and "PATH".
>
> I think he meant "CLASSPATH"s and "PATH"s. :-)

Um... actually, I was assuming he only had one $PATH. If he has more,
how does bash tell them apart? ;-)

> Actually, the list of variables automatically translated by Cygwin was
> posted here at some point (it may even be in the FAQ).  At the very least
> it's PATH, HOME, and LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but there may be others.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH? Since when does Windows have any clue what to do with
*that*? (Or it it folded into PATH?)

--
Matthew
Do not expose to extreme heat, cold, or open flame.