<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2715.400" name=GENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV>Hi,<BR><BR>I'm having problem with X display after first<BR>successful 
launch of an X application.  (Prior to this<BR>I did xhost +) When I remote 
logged in to a remote<BR>host, I first exported the DISPLAY=<host-ip>:0.0 
and<BR>started the X application (e.g. xclock, xeyes, or<BR>xterm). Then I 
quitted the application, and tried to<BR>run another X app., I got: ERROR: 
unable to open X<BR>display.  I have trouble running any subsequent 
X<BR>display.<BR><BR>I have to quit XFree86 and restart X Windows before 
I<BR>can start my X application again. <BR><BR>When quitting XFree86, I get the 
following error<BR>message:<BR>$ xterm:  fatal IO error 32 (Broken pipe) 
or<BR>KillClient on X server ":0.0"<BR>XIO:  fatal IO error 113 (The 
connection was aborted)<BR>on X server ":0.0"xterm:<BR>fatal IO error 113 (The 
connection was aborted) or<BR>KillClient on X server ":0.0" 
<BR>      after 3002 requests (3000 known processed) 
with<BR>3 events = remaining.<BR><BR>The Cygwin/XFree86 base that I use is 
4.2.0-1.  Please<BR>let me know if I missed anything.<BR>Thanks,</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Attached is the output of cygcheck -s -v -r.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT><BR>Dennis Hui<BR><BR><BR></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV></BODY></HTML>