<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 TRANSITIONAL//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
  <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; CHARSET=UTF-8">
  <META NAME="GENERATOR" CONTENT="GtkHTML/1.1.6">
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Hum... I should have known.  A reboot fixed the problem.  I suppose that what I get for being a Unix geek: you don't _have_ to reboot a unix system to fix broken stuff. (unless it's really broken, like disks, etc, etc).<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
On Wed, 2002-12-18 at 13:50, dmeans@milo.the-means.net wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>
<PRE><FONT COLOR="#050c87" SIZE="3"><I>I've recently installed cygwin version 1.3.17.

When I attempt to ssh to the cygwin host more than once, with the
first connection still active, I get the error message
'setgid: invalid argument' , and then I'm disconnected.

Below is an example of the problem.  The first 'ssh localhost' is
sucessful (which indicates to me that setgid() succeeded), but
the second 'ssh localhost' fails.

This problem is reproducable regardless of the client (localhost
or remote) or the authentication method (keys vs. passwords), or
any mixture there of.  In other words, if I'm logged in once via
ssh, then I cannot log in again via ssh.

I've searched the web and the archives for clues, but I'm coming up
empty.

Thanks,

David

--


Example:

[ /home/dmeans ]
dmeans@raptor
2$ ssh localhost
Last login: Wed Dec 18 13:22:08 2002 from raptor
Fanfare!!!
You are successfully logged in to this server!!!

[ /home/dmeans ]
dmeans@raptor
10$ ssh localhost
Last login: Wed Dec 18 13:23:31 2002 from raptor
Fanfare!!!
You are successfully logged in to this server!!!
setgid: Invalid argument
Connection to localhost closed.

[ /home/dmeans ]
dmeans@raptor
11$


--
Unsubscribe info:      </FONT><A HREF="http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple"><FONT SIZE="3">http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple</FONT></A>
<FONT COLOR="#050c87" SIZE="3">Bug reporting:         </FONT><A HREF="http://cygwin.com/bugs.html"><FONT SIZE="3">http://cygwin.com/bugs.html</FONT></A>
<FONT COLOR="#050c87" SIZE="3">Documentation:         </FONT><A HREF="http://cygwin.com/docs.html"><FONT SIZE="3">http://cygwin.com/docs.html</FONT></A>
<FONT COLOR="#050c87" SIZE="3">FAQ:                   </FONT><A HREF="http://cygwin.com/faq/"><FONT SIZE="3">http://cygwin.com/faq/</I></FONT></A></PRE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
<PRE><TABLE CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="0" WIDTH="100%">
<TR>
<TD>
<PRE>-- 
David Means

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However,
a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.</PRE>
</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>
</PRE>
</BODY>
</HTML>