<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 TRANSITIONAL//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; CHARSET=UTF-8">
<META NAME="GENERATOR" CONTENT="GtkHTML/1.1.6">
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Dirk:<BR>
<BR>
I don't recall having the problem you're experiencing, but I'll give it a whirl tomorrow @ work and let you know what I find. I do remember getting mail from cygwin-cron at one point in time, but I don't recall what I did to make it work. If I get to work, I'll let you know how.<BR>
<BR>
David<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 03:47, Dirk Ziegenbalg wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>
<PRE><FONT COLOR="#050c87" SIZE="3"><I>Hello,
can somebody help me please!!!!
I've got cron and ssmtp to run. It works fine.
When cron is started and wants to mail me a message, then there was two error-entries in the eventlog und windows 2000. First tells me:
sSMTP mail : Win32 Process Id = 0x668 : Cygwin Process Id = 0x66C : unable to create a socket..
and the second:
sSMTP mail : Win32 Process Id = 0x668 : Cygwin Process Id = 0x66C : can't open the smtp port (25) on mail.gmx.de..
because of the first error.
When I call ssmtp from the commandline then it works fine.
I've give it up after two days of trying. Cron did his work. But I want his messages! Any ideas?
bye
Dirk
______________________________________________________________________________
PREMIERE: Der Countdown laeuft! 3 Monate gratis + d-box 1 ab 1 Euro
nur noch wenige Tage zu haben! </FONT><A HREF="http://premiere.web.de/?mc=999927&lp=2"><FONT SIZE="3">http://premiere.web.de/?mc=999927&lp=2</FONT></A>
<FONT COLOR="#050c87" SIZE="3">
--
Unsubscribe info: </FONT><A HREF="http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple"><FONT SIZE="3">http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple</FONT></A>
<FONT COLOR="#050c87" SIZE="3">Bug reporting: </FONT><A HREF="http://cygwin.com/bugs.html"><FONT SIZE="3">http://cygwin.com/bugs.html</FONT></A>
<FONT COLOR="#050c87" SIZE="3">Documentation: </FONT><A HREF="http://cygwin.com/docs.html"><FONT SIZE="3">http://cygwin.com/docs.html</FONT></A>
<FONT COLOR="#050c87" SIZE="3">FAQ: </FONT><A HREF="http://cygwin.com/faq/"><FONT SIZE="3">http://cygwin.com/faq/</I></FONT></A></PRE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
<PRE><TABLE CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="0" WIDTH="100%">
<TR>
<TD>
<PRE>--
David Means
sed is ed on LSD</PRE>
</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>
</PRE>
</BODY>
</HTML>