<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 6.0.5762.3">
<TITLE>cron - Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus: Win32 error 1062:</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->
<P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">Hi,</FONT>
</P>
<P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial"> I have been experiencing this error ever since I rebooted my server. I am now unable to start the cron service. I have attached my cygcheck file and I have run cron_diagnose.sh as suggested by Mark A. Harig on his posting on 20-Dec-2002.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial"> In addition, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the cron service and I have reinstalled the cron and cygrunsrv components.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial"> I am using Win2000 Server. My Event Log displays the following error.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial"> The following information is part of the event: cron : Win32 Process Id = 0x9A0 : Cygwin Process Id = 0x9A0 : starting service `cron' failed: execv: 1, Operation not permitted.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">I would appreciate any suggestions that you can offer.</FONT>
</P>
<P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">Thanks,</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial"> Mark</FONT>
</P>
<P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial"><FONT FACE="Arial" SIZE=2 COLOR="#000000"> <<cygcheck.txt>> </FONT></FONT>
</P>
<P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial"> </FONT>
</P>
</BODY>
</HTML>