Get that Linux feeling - on Windows
Who are we?*
- Cygwin was initially developed by Cygnus Solutions (Now Red Hat, Inc.) but the majority of package maintainership and a significant percentage of Cygwin development is handled by non-Red Hat volunteers.
- The Cygwin setup project is currently maintained by various package maintainers.
- Corinna Vinschen (corinna) is the project lead. Corinna is a senior Red Hat engineer. Corinna is responsible for such important subsystems as security, networking, and internationalization.
- Yaakov Selkowitz maintains a large number of Cygwin packages as well as providing packages via Cygwin's Cygwin Ports sister site. Yaakov is also a Cygwin/X lead.
- Jon Turney is a project lead for Cygwin/X and is responsible for improvements to the X server. He has also contributed several improvements to setup.
- Eric Blake (eblake) maintains bash, coreutils, and several other vitally important packages.
- Like many free software projects on sourceware.org, contributions from net people are especially important. Cygwin benefits from thousands of testers and dozens of contributors, including some incredible people like Sergey Okhapkin, Egor Duda, Chuck Wilson, David Starks-Browning, Kazuhiro Fujieda, Jason Tishler, Robert Collins, David Billinghurst, Joshua Daniel Franklin, Chris January, Conrad Scott, Pavel Tsekov, Pierre Humblet, Igor Peshansky, Brian Dessent, Brian Ford, Jari Aalto, Ken Brown, and Marco Atzeri.
* Please note that all of the people above prefer that project related communications go to the proper mailing list rather than private email.