This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
setup.exe removed from cygwin ftp download
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 17:33:02 -0400
- Subject: setup.exe removed from cygwin ftp download
- Reply-to: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Given the confusion manifested in the recent cygwin mailing-list thread
about finding a file in the cygwin ftp directory called "setup.exe" and
assuming that it should be used for installing cygwin, I've removed
setup.exe from the ftp download area at cygwin.com.
The "Install Cygwin Now!" link, which references
http://cygwin.com/setup.exe, will continue to work as advertised.
If anyone is in the habit of just downloading the entire ftp area and
expecting that a file "setup.exe" will exist there, you will now have to
go to the extra step of grabbing a copy of setup.exe using a command
like "wget http://cygwin.com/setup.exe".
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, please
use the automated form at:
If this does not work, then look at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the
email header of this message. Send email to the address specified
there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.