This is the mail archive of the cygwin-announce mailing list for the Cygwin project.

Installation problems should now be rectified

In the last 36 hours or so, a bug in the script used to update Cygwin's
setup.ini allowed an ill-formed setup.hint package description to result
in a corrupted setup.ini file.  This caused problems for anyone who tried
to run Cygwin's setup.exe today.

The problem has been rectified and the uncorrupted setup.ini file should
be making its way to mirrors now.  It will take a while for every mirror
to pick up the new setup.ini file so please be patient.

As an interim measure I have increased the frequency with which the
mirror list used by setup.exe is generated and added setup.ini as one of
the files which is always checked for currency.  This means that the
current mirror list should accurately reflect mirrors you can use to
grab a correct setup.ini.  So, if you use a site from the mirror list
you should be assured of getting an uncorrupted setup.ini file.

As of this writing the mirror list has only 15 currrent mirrors.  This
list will greatly increase in size over the next several days.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused by my bug in the setup.ini
generator script.

cgf

              *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***

If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, please
use the automated form at:

If this does not work, then look at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the
email header of this message.  Send email to the address specified
there.  It will be in the format:

If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here: