This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[1.7] Updated: gawk-3.1.8-1
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 21:39:40 +0200
- Subject: [1.7] Updated: gawk-3.1.8-1
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
I've updated the gawk package to 3.1.8-1.
gawk-3.1.8 is the new upstream release.
Changes from 3.1.7 to 3.1.8
1. The zero flag no longer applies to %c and %s; apparently the standards
changed at some point.
2. Updated to latest infrastructure: Autoconf 2.65, Automake 1.11.1,
libtool 2.2.6b, Bison 2.4.2.
3. Failure to open a socket is no longer a fatal error.
4. dfa.h and dfa.c are now more-or-less in sync with GNU grep, for the first
time in many years.
5. Gawk no longer includes its own copy of libsigsegv but it will use it if
installed on the build system. The --disable-libsigsegv configure option
is now gone.
6. The ' flag (%'d) is now just ignored on systems that can't support it.
7. Lots of bug fixes, see the ChangeLog.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
If you have general questions or comments, please send them to the
Cygwin mailing list at: "cygwin at cygwin dot com". I would appreciate
it if you would use this mailing list rather than emailing me directly.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.