This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Andy Koppe <andy dot koppe at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 06:16:42 +0100
- Subject: Updated: mintty-0.9.7-1
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
mintty 0.9.7-1 is on its way to the Cygwin mirrors.
- Fixed crash when scrollback size is set to zero.
- NT4 support is officially gone. It had been broken since version
0.6.1 anyway, without anyone complaining.
- When the window is held open after the shell finished and no more
processes are attached, hitting Enter or Escape will now close the
- Changed the optional Ctrl+Shift shortcut for closing the window from
Ctrl+Shift+Q to the more standard-compliant Ctrl+Shift+W.
- Added config file versions of command line options: Class, Hold,
Icon, Log, Title, Utmp, Window, X, Y.
- Multiple-choice settings are now written with named values rather
than integers, e.g. CursorType=block instead of the rather non-obvious
CursorType=0. Similarly, Boolean settings are written as 'no' or 'yes'
instead of 0 or 1. Integer values of course remain supported for
- String settings no longer have arbitrary length restrictions.
- Unknown settings and invalid values now trigger warnings.
Mintty is a terminal emulator for Cygwin with a native Windows user
interface and minimalist design. Among its features are Unicode
support and a graphical options dialog. Its terminal emulation is
largely compatible with xterm, but it does not require an X server.
The mintty manual is installed as a manpage ('man mintty'). It's also
available at http://mintty.googlecode.com/svn/tags/0.9.7/docs/mintty.1.html.
Questions and comments can be sent to the mintty discussion group at
http://groups.google.com/group/mintty-discuss or the Cygwin mailing
list. Please use the issue tracker at
http://code.google.com/p/mintty/issues/list to report bugs or suggest
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link
on the http://cygwin.com web page. ÂThis downloads setup.exe to
your system. ÂThen, run setup and answer all of the questions.
Â Â *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here: