This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Andy Koppe <andy dot koppe at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 20:45:49 +0100
- Subject: Updated: mintty-0.9.9-1
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
mintty 0.9.9-1 is on its way to the Cygwin mirrors.
- The transparency level can now be set to any value ranging from 4 to
254 in the config file or on the command line. (For backward
compatibility, values below 4 are multiplied by 16. 255 means "Glass".)
- Implemented mintty-specific OSC sequence 7771 for checking which
characters are available in the currently selected font.
- Ctrl+symbol and Ctrl+number combinations that yield control
characters are no longer overridden in xterm "modifyOtherKeys" mode
level 1, but only level 2.
- Stopped sending bogus control sequences for some Ctrl+symbol
combinations. Also stopped trying to add Shift to Ctrl+symbol
combinations to obtain a control character. That's only done for
Ctrl+number combinations now.
- Moved implementation of private mode 30 (as introduced by rxvt) for
hiding and showing the scrollbar to the mintty-specific private mode
7766, because it doesn't do quite the same thing: instead of changing
window size to account for the width of the scrollbar, mintty changes
the number of character columns.
- Stopped rogue mouse release events being sent when application mouse
mode is overridden with Shift.
- Middle button paste now happens on release rather than click of the
button, as in xterm and rxvt.
Mintty is a terminal emulator for Cygwin with a native Windows user
interface and minimalist design. Among its features are Unicode
support and a graphical options dialog. Its terminal emulation is
largely compatible with xterm, but it does not require an X server.
The mintty manual is installed as a manpage ('man mintty'). It's also
available at http://mintty.googlecode.com/svn/tags/0.9.9/docs/mintty.1.html.
Questions and comments can be sent to the mintty discussion group at
http://groups.google.com/group/mintty-discuss or the Cygwin mailing
list. Please use the issue tracker at
http://code.google.com/p/mintty/issues/list to report bugs or suggest
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link
on the http://cygwin.com web page. ÂThis downloads setup.exe to
your system. ÂThen, run setup and answer all of the questions.
Â Â *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here: